- Home /
- Why Riverside? /
We are a high achieving academic high school. For the HSC, students consistently perform above the state average with between 20 and 25% of students achieving ATARs over 90 and over 90% gaining entry to the university of their choice.
For more detailed, up to date achievements 2014 / 2015 /2016 click on the links at the bottom of this page please.
- Above state average results in 20 of the 24 subjects studied for the HSC
- Dux: ATAR of 99.1
- 75 Distinguished achievers band 6
- 2 All Rounders – top band in at least 10 units studied
- English – top 100 schools in state. Published in SMH list
- UNSW academic achievement scholarship
- Dux: 97.85
- 2 All Rounders achieving band 6 in at least 10 units studied
- Extension 2 English - 50% of students in the top band
- History Extension - 100% of students in the top band
- Above state average results in 21 of the 25 subjects studied for the HSC
- Dux: 99.45
- 3 All-Rounder Awards for achieving band 6 (over 90%) in 10 units. Only 207 students achieved this across NSW and we had 3.
- 92 Distinguished achievers
- Second in state on Korean background speakers (Saturday School Strathfield)
- 6th in state hospitality exam
- Two artworks in Art Express and two nominations for OnStage and also DesignTech.
- 80% accelerated chemistry students achieved a band 5 or 6
- English – top 100 schools in state list – placed 81st
- Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship program at UTS worth $46,500 over 3 years
- 11th on SMH Top 200 schools in NSW list